Euro 500

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Euro 500

A roadtrip to Europe.Happening in September.

a suostance

chwengjwendy

a suostance Empty a suostance

Post  chwengjwendy Fri May 20, 2011 7:10 pm

a suostancemere is a suostance canea kern wmcn is tne aucaiuie asn Broauceci by the combustion of seaweed: vast quantities are annually prepared for the use of the soap manufacturer, who avails himself of the alkali it contains, to combine with oils or fatty matters, so as to form soap. M. Courtois, I believe, was engaged MBT Shoes in the manufacture of soap, and he found that, at one particular period of the operation, the metal boilers, containing tne uxivium oi kcip. were mvanaDiv corroaea.oearcniiMF ior tne cause of tins corrosion, ne discovered iodine. " But for this circumstance, nearly accidental," observes Dr. Ure, " one of the most curious substances might have remained unknown, since nature has chiefly confined it to MBT Shoes UK what the MBT Sale Roman satirist considers as the most wortniess oi tinners, tne vne seaweed.'The process for obtaining iodine from kelp is as follows: The kelp is put into cold water, so as to form a lixivium : this is evanoratea nil a neuicie annears on its suriace. ana tnen sunerea to crvstauize: tne mat Her water I vol.p. zti.i is poured on, and evaporated to dryness; the dry mass is next put into a glass alembic, with half its weifftitsum nunc acta. xne aiemoic is a verv useiui apparatus ; it somewhat like a Florence flask, which is called the body, and an upperno mum mj© resistance oi MBT motion, me enect of acclivities, and all other causes tending to retard locomotion, are only Half as great on the moon s surface as here, whilst the effect of a given developement of muscular iopce in eaunna locomotion w twice as great. Supposing then the inhabitants of tne moon, if tnere oe an v. to oe uiwiciei with powers of locomotion whatever they, eqmviilenti to those which areplaced at our command, it is clear that these, actinff unaer circumstances so much more favourable, would he quite equal to a journey of z miles daily, and the whole population ot tne moon might thus be in a state.of continual migration, living perpetually pc _ ut the boundary line of light and darkness, so as to avoid at once the fierce heat of the direct sunlight, and the terrific cold of the midnight.one side of this; it is called the beak; and in the top of the head is ananerture. nctea witn a srounagiass stonDer;

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm