Euro 500

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Euro 500

A roadtrip to Europe.Happening in September.

in the heavens

chwengjwendy

in the heavens Empty in the heavens

Post  chwengjwendy Fri May 20, 2011 7:09 pm

in the heavens

itseii over a vast space in the heavens, presenting to them, as the earth turns rapidly upon its axis, in the succession of portions of its surface covered by water or broken into the inequalities of the dry land, an endless variety of appearance, and with the changes of the dense atmosphere that surrounds it, colours probably of changing hues, and light of varying intensity. This magnificent object thus goes through its MBT Shoes UK series of MBT changes apparently at rest, and fixed invariably in the same quarter of the heavens.oo siow is tne revolution or me moon unon ner axis, and so stow, consequently, is the progress of the boundary of light and darkness over her surface, that it would be possible, perhaps to outstrip it and travel raster tnan tne aav. mus completing tne circuit ot ins manet every month, a lunarian might live in perpetual sunlight and continual heat, an expedient which the intense cold of the lunar night would not fail to suggest to iiiiii"We have stated that this expedient M possible, and the reader will readily see bow. The circumference of the moon is fi that of our earth, or it is about miles, which distance might be travelled, at roe rate ©i zzo mues a aav. in aoout atf trnm rt ow xne MBT Sale lorce oi sravnv on tne moon is only about onehalf that at the earth.Haying examined the properties of oxygen, chlorine, and hydrogen, MBT Shoes and two of their most important combinations, namely, water, and muriatic acid, we will leave pneumatic chemistry for awhile, and commence the investigation of some other curious elementary bodies, the first of which is loame.This singular substance was discovered, m , by M. Courtois, a a chemical manufacturer at Pans: but for some years after the discovery, iodine could only be procured in very small quantities: of late, however, the processes for obtaining it have been so much improved, that large quantities of iodine are now to be found in the market, at a very reasonaoie nnce.now, aitnougn i snail inform vou now loame is extracted from its combinations, yet I do not recommend you to undertake the process; you will save much time and expense, if you at once obtain half an ounce of iodine from the " operative chemists.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 pm