Euro 500

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Euro 500

A roadtrip to Europe.Happening in September.

such a preponderance

freebusha

such a preponderance Empty such a preponderance

Post  freebusha Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 am

such a preponderance

It does not, I think, appear that there is such a preponderance of either or signs in the errors of ecliptic polar distance as to imply the certainty of any sensible error in parallax.I have only to add, that the whole of the calculations have been revised with great care, both systematically and irregularly. And, though I cannot flatter myself that so much numerical work will be found MBT Trainers wholly free from errors, I MBT hope that it is as little encumbered with them as computations of the same extent usually are.The question as to the existence of sensible annual parallax of a Lyrce, has been discussed with so MBT Shoes much ability and ardour, and the opposite opinions have MBT Shoes Sale been supported with so numerous and such excellent observations, that it would be useless now to expect to interfere in the controversy with a chance of adding to the certainty of the result, unless it could be shewn that the number of observations now employed is considerable, that the times at which they were made were favourable, and that the general accuracy of the instrumental operations was superior to that of the observations formerly relied on. I wish, therefore, in the first place, to give an account of the observations on which the present deductions are founded; and of the small differences in the method of observation, which may be expected to have added something to their accuracy.The star was observed with both the Greenwich mural circles at every practicable opportunity through the year 1836. In the month of February no observations could be obtained; but in every other month there were several observations. The whole number was as follows :The six microscopes were read at every observation, as well as at every other observation which assisted, in conjunction with these, to determine the zenith point independently for every day. The telescopes have been in the same position on the circles during the whole year, with the exception of a few days at its commencement.The only difference in the use of the instruments from the methods employed by Mr. Pond, consists in the introduction of a correction for runs.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 pm