Euro 500

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Euro 500

A roadtrip to Europe.Happening in September.

The symbol

freebusha

The symbol Empty The symbol

Post  freebusha Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 am

The symbol

The symbol &R, in the results below, denotes the error in the projection of the radius vector on the earth's orbit as computed from the tables, expressed MBT Shoes Sale in parts of the earth's mean distance from the sun.With regard to the moon, the observations of 1833, August 20, and1834, June 1 and August 14, are rejected; for 1833, May 27, the adopted error in right ascension is the mean of those of May 26 and May 28; for 1834, August 28, the adopted error in north polar distance is the mean of those of August 27 and August 29. I had intended to use the printed errors of the tables in right ascension and north polar distance, with these exceptions, and with no other alterations than those mentioned above, for the computation of the errors in longitude and ecliptic polar distance; and had, indeed, completed the calculations. But, upon further consideration, I have thought it necessary to apply a MBT Shoes correction for the evident error of Burck-hardt's semidiameter of the moon. I have done this with less hesitation, because the Greenwich Observations of the year 1836 fully confirm this error; I have, however, confined MBT Trainers myself to the Cambridge Observations for the determination of the numerical quantity of the correction. Six transits of MBT the moon's diameter, corrected for defect of illumination, and compared with the duration in the Nautical Almanac, give for the error of the Nautical Almanac in semidiameter 0%18 this agrees almost precisely with the Greenwich determination. Thirty vertical diameters, similarly corrected, and compared with the diameter interpolated from the Nautical Almanac, give for the error in semidiameter 1"#50. This is smaller than the Greenwich determination. The two errors are not equivalent; but, from the difference in the nature of the observations, this discordance is of no moment To every error in right ascension deduced from observation of the first limb, the additional correction 0s, 18 is therefore applied, and 0$,18 to those deduced from the second limb. And to every error in north polar distance deduced from observation of the north limb, the correction l"05O is applied, and 1"-50 to those deduced from the south limb.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:14 pm